Granola bars can be a convenient snack between meals or a good pre/post workout snack. All natural ingredients with quality food sources make this a great choice.
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrupt
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp. flax seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add nut butter and honey or maple syrup to large saucepan and stir together over medium-low heat. Add in the oats, flax seeds, almonds, and shredded coconut.
- Cook on low heat, stirring continuously for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and add dried cranberries.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- Remove bars and parchment paper from pan.
- Cut using sharp knife into small bars or squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
© 2021 Copyright Building Better Nutrition